Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

22 April 2012

The Gathering: Book One of the Lia Fail Chronicles by S L Dearing





  • Paperback: 428 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace (August 16, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1453731067
  • ISBN-13: 978-1453731062




Thirteen years after the last world war, the village of Lia Fail sits peacefully above the Hollywood Reservoir in the Santa Monica Mountains. The village is making ready for the fall Gathering, where the other colonies from various parts of what was once Southern California visit for ten days of fun and reminiscence. What begins as a normal Gathering, soon changes as the people of Lia Fail begin to see magic around them. Then they receive news of a horrific massacre and face a nightmare as a dark evil descends on the tranquil village. Alia Stark, the queen of Lia Fail, must face this evil along side her oldest and dearest friends, as well as an incredible new ally as the fate of her people and the lives of her children rest in her hands. Will her new magic be strong enough to save those she loves the most?


My Thoughts:
The Gathering is a big book that grabs you right from the beginning and doesn't let go until the end.  The novel tells of the aftermath and survival after the third world war in what was once the Santa Monica Valley. There are similarities between this world and our own but it is reminiscent of the old west of California. The Gathering is a once yearly event where the people from other colonies get together for weddings/ handfasting and just to visit. Into this gathering comes evil where the people and their very existence is at stake. Family obligation, love and survival are the key storylines told with imagination and filled with adventure, all in all a great read. I did have a few issues with the story, one is what happened to cause the great war and way too many characters to get right in my head. Aside from that though I did enjoy this story and I do look forward to reading the next. 


I received a copy of this book for review from the author and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet