Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

29 April 2014

On Grace by Susie Orman Schnall Review!



About the book

Grace May is truly excited about turning 40 in a few months. And now that her boys are both in school and she has a stimulating new writing job, the next chapter in her life can finally begin. She can’t wait to rediscover the intelligent and interesting woman deeply buried under the layers of mother and wife. But when Grace loses her job and gets unexpected news from her husband and her best friend, life suddenly gets complicated. Grace stands to lose everything: her marriage, her best friend, and her sense of self. But by her 40th birthday party, Grace will realize who and what matter most. With laughter. With tears. With grace.



About Susie Orman Schnall

Originally from Los Angeles, Susie Orman Schnall graduated from the University of Pennsylvania. Schnall has written for national and local publications about parenting and health. She lives in New York with her husband and their three young boys. ON GRACE is her debut novel.  


My Thoughts:
Have you ever wondered how you would handle a significant other's betrayal. Would you be forgiving in a situation like this?? Grace is approaching her 40th birthday, her children are both in school now and she is ready to go back into the work force. Everything is near perfect in Grace's world until her husband gives her some devastating news. She is not sure if she can ever forgive him. A series of events bring her full circle so that she knows that she needs to learn to let go and move forward with grace.

I found this book to be very well written, full of emotion, humor, sadness and of course grace. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The book takes the reader through the love of children, infidelities, past loves, family issues and disappointments that make up a life. Written with compassion and forgiveness, this is a novel not to be missed.

I received this book for review and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet