Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

15 October 2014

Summer of the Long Knives by LS Bassen Review!


Book Details

  • Paperback: 194 pages
  • Publisher: Signal 8 Press (September 23, 2014)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 9881219698
  • ISBN-13: 978-9881219695

After an attack by a band of roving Nazi Brownshirts, Lisel Ganz, an artist's model in Berlin, suffers an injury that gives her the ability to catch glimpses of the future. It is already too late for many, but Lisel now can see that an even greater evil lies ahead. Taking refuge in the home of artist Albert Entrater, Lisel meets Konrad, a Catholic priest involved in a plot to assassinate Hitler. Amid great betrayal, loss, and danger, Lisel must act while there is still time. A novel of what literary critic George Steiner has called alternity, Summer of the Long Knives explores the hopes and horrors that emerge from history's darkest moments.

My Thoughts!

Summer of the Long Knives is a speculative story about the assassination of Adolf Hitler, one of the most hated men in history. Summer of the Long Knives is the name of a purge that took place in Nazi Germany from June 30 to July 2, 1934, when the Nazi regime carried out a series of political murders. Just that sentence is enough to give me chills. Lisel Ganz is brutally attacked by Nazi Brownshirts, She befriends Konrad who brings her into his home after the attack, where Lisel soon becomes involved in the plot to assassinate Hitler. Why does she get involved? This is a what if type of story that makes a person wonder, if this had happened, look at all the lives it would have saved in the next decade. Maybe there would have been no WWII. 

I don't usually read speculative fiction but I did enjoy this short little book. The story was richly imagined and the characters very believable. Give this one a try if you are interested in this era of history.

I received a copy of this book for review and was not monetarily compensated for said review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet